By RICHARD HANNEMANN
Geez! We PAY for this stuff?! I just saw the list of possible taglines — oh my. All very clever and decidedly too clever.
- “Where everything is elevated” — does that include blood pressure due to Council activities?
- “High intelligence in the high desert” — 1) if you ain’t smart, don’t come, 2) this ain’t the desert and we don’t want people thinking Lawerence of Arabia.
- “Think bigger, live brighter” — probably applies to the nightlights of big LA, not little LA.
- “Great. Beyond” — also known as Beyond the Veil. Think Death.
- “Absolutely Brilliant” — city lights of big LA again — also, we ain’t Brits.
- “Get to a higher plane” — means fly Virgin Spacelines.
- “Never stop questioning what’s possible” — this one almost works except for being too long. But it does suggest Where Discoveries are Made and both suggest something else —
Science and Art have one thing in common — both start with the simple question “What If …?” And that might be a good tagline as well.
Then there is “The Atomic City”. Okay, some people of a certain age may have residual angst about this, but it does describe what we do here — and there’s a picture logo to go with it — and its already been out there so long that people actually know to what it refers.
So, three possibles:
- What If …?
- Where Discoveries Are Made
- The Atomic City
There is, of course, Lost Almost, but … uhm … maybe not. I’m gonna go play the guitar now — Merry Christmas to everyone 🙂