Los Alamos Team 4-H will hold an informational meeting at 7 p.m., Oct. 10 at 1042 Oro Court in Los Alamos.
4-H member choose from more than 100 projects and activities such as:
- raising a seeing eye puppy,
- raising sheep, rabbits, goats, dairy and beef cattle
- and many others
These projects are available for the kids to do, but they require commitment from both kids and parents, with help from 4-H leaders. The club is only as successful as the effort the kids and parents put into it, 4-H representatives said. The club runs on a volunteer basis and needs all the support it can get.
Education benefits include:
- public speaking skills–learn how to speak confidently to a group;
- record keeping – learn how to be organized and maintain important information;
- lifelong work skills; and
- community cervice.