LASG gymnast Lucy Meierbachtol swept her age division taking first place on all four events and in the all around in her first sanctioned meet on the road last weekend in Albuquerque. Photo by Brandon Daley
By LOUI JANECKY
Los Alamos School of Gymnastics
Los Alamos School of Gymnastics (LASG) gymnasts traveled last weekend to Albuquerque to compete in the annual New Mexico Judges Cup Meet.
Lucy Meierbachtol, who competes in the USA Gymnastics Bronze Division level was the high scorer of the day. She swept her age division taking first place on all four events and in the all around in her first sanctioned meet on the road.
Meierbachtol’s scores included floor exercise 9.20, balance beam and bars both 9.25, and on the vault she scored a 8.90, totaling an amazing 36.60.
LASG gymnasts also competing in the Bronze Younger Division:
- Maddie Vallejo was second in the all-around with 35.15.
- Emery Apperson was third with 34.65.
- Lucy Lindsay was fourth with 34.35.
- Ava Zadina was fifth with 33.85.
- Kayla Daley was sixth with 32.95.
- Harmony Cutter was eighth with 31.35.
Older Bronze Division:
- Tehya Thornton was fourth with 35.65, and
- Aubrey Tatro was sixth with 34.275.
Silver Younger Division:
- Amelie Vallejo took the gold on vault with 9.20 and third in the all around with 34.375.
- Abbie Johnson was fifth with 32.825.
- Nina Gyrya was sixth with 32.375.
- Serenity Tao was seventh with 32.15.
Older Silver Division:
- Ava Vigil placed seventh with 32.925.
- Katelyn Martinez was the lone competitor for LASG in this meet and finished fourth all around with 31.80, and fourth in all four events.
LASG gymnasts will travel Jan. 12-14, 2024, to Albuquerque for competition at The Gravitational Invitational at G Force Gymnastics.
Los Alamos School of Gymnastic was established in 1976. To learn more, click here.