Los Alamos School of Gymnastics (LASG) will join USA Gymnastics and its member clubs across the nation Saturday, Sept. 21 to celebrate National Gymnastics Day.
National Gymnastics Day is an annual event to showcase the sport of gymnastics and to encourage and promote physical fitness and good nutrition among the nation’s youth.
LASG will celebrate the event by holding its first girls inter squad gymnastics meet of the season, in which 34 team level gymnasts will compete on beam, bars, floor and vault.
LASG invites the community of Los Alamos to watch the Atomic Tumblers in action. The meet is 11 a.m., Saturday at 555 North Mesa Road. Contact LASG at 662-9523 for more information, or visit lagymnastics.net.
LASG’s 2013/2014 competitive girls’ team includes the following gymnasts:
- Xcel Bronze Team: Andrea Chapman, Sara Gardner, Katya Friedland, Emilee Maestas, Hailee McDowell, Sasha Vinyard
- Xcel Silver Team: Charolette Gonzales, Sarah Hutchens, Hannah Mullen, Katelynn Skeen
- Xcel Gold Team: Faith Koh, Marlie Maestas, Zoe Mathis, Addison Richie, Allison Warner
- Level 3 Team: Danielle Bellamy, Kaeley Bustos, Liz Chapman, Hanna Gram, Colleen Gurule, Kayli Lincoln, Milan Vigil
- Level 4 Team: Suyana Ferreria, Brianna Fryer, Nyla Lee, Cherie Mc Creary, Paetyn Miller, Aaliyah Walker
- Level 5 Team: Ashley Bustos, Anna Clark, Elyse Phillips, Ramya Stevens, Charlotte Ulrich, Katie Wingo
LASG’s 2013/2014 competitive boys’ team includes the following gymnasts:
- Level 3 Team: Daniel Chertkov, William Dale, Pasha Trudolyubov, Chris Workman
- Level 4 Team: Troy Makela, Marek Jablonski
- Level 5 Team: Daniel Fryer, Dane Harris, Caden Stilwell