Scene from Summer Reading Challenge at Chamisa Elementary School. Courtesy photo
To show its gratitude to the LAPS Foundation for 13 years of support, Los Alamos Public Schools is celebrating Foundation Appreciation Week Nov. 26-30.
The goal of Foundation Appreciation Week is to spread the word about what the Foundation does for LAPS and how it supports the students, teachers and staff at the elementary schools, middle school and high school.
During this season of giving and good cheer, LAPS asks the community to consider making a donation to further the mission of the LAPS Foundation at all schools.
What is the LAPS Foundation?
The LAPS Foundation is a non-profit organization that receives funding through generous donations from individuals and organizations. The Foundation uses this money to make dreams come true for teachers, staff and students. In the 2017-18 school year, it was able to invest nearly $100,000 into innovative programs, training for teachers, staff morale activities, scholarships and more.
What has the LAPS Foundation done for LAPS?
The LAPS Foundation has been an important funding source for Los Alamos Public Schools since 2005.
The organization supports many projects and opportunities at Los Alamos Public Schools, including:
- Annually funds $30,000+ of grants to teachers each year, such as a grant to purchase equipment
- to help with Kinder physical readiness at Aspen
- Conducted a $25,000 makeover of the Los Alamos Middle School Band Room
- Installed outdoor classrooms at Mountain and Chamisa, costing roughly $10,000 each
- Paid to send four art teachers to a national conference in Spring of 2018
- Secured $15,000 for water bottle filling stations in the schools
How do I donate?
Your donation to the LAPS Foundation will continue to enable innovation and growth in all Los Alamos Public Schools. For your convenience, there are a number of ways to make a donation:
- Text INNOVATE to 779-48.
- Drop off a donation at your school. A donation box has been set up in the front office through Nov. 30.
- Go to the LAPS Foundation website.
- Mail a check to the LAPS Foundation, 1900 Diamond Dr. Ste. 1, Los Alamos, NM 87544
Thank you for your generosity and support of our schools through the Los Alamos Public Schools Foundation.