Readers May Be Surprised: look inside the new issue of National Security Science magazine
- Solving a Nuclear Whodunit—How Los Alamos solves the crime could deter it from happening.
- Giving Nuclear Watchdogs Their Bite—Who trains all of the International Atomic Energy Agency’s (IAEA) inspectors?
- Surplus Plutonium Pits—Only Los Alamos can convert them into fuel for civilian nuclear reactors.
- Los Alamos Technology Goes to Mars—The Mars Curiosity rover wouldn’t rove without the Laboratory’s plutonium power source.
- Stockpile Size—Too many? Too few? Brig. Gen. Sandra Finan (Air Force) keys in on why both nuclear deterrence and nuclear stability matter in the debate.
National Security Science highlights work in the weapons and national security science programs at Los Alamos National Laboratory.