This over-the-top farce is a non-stop romp of confusion, miscommunication and hilarity as an anniversary party goes awry when the host shoots himself, his wife goes missing, and the help is nowhere to be found.
Auditions are 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10; 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 11; 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17 and 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18 at the Performing Arts Center at 1670 Nectar St. Scripts are available at Mesa Public Library.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script and improvisational exercises.
The play calls for 10 characters: for men, four women and two gender neutral.
- Chris Gorman: Contract lawyer, and nervous ex-smoker.
- Ken Gorman: Charley’s best friend and lawyer, also high-strung.
- Claire Ganz: Socialite who enjoys gossip and possess a razor-sharp wit.
- Lenny Ganz: Another lawyer with a bit of a temper, dislikes rumors but shares them anyway.
- Cookie Cusack: Celebrity chef with a bad back and kind heart.
- Ernie Cusack: Therapist to everyone, calm and a little patronizing.
- Cassie Cooper: A new-age hippie and a senator’s wife, has a jealous streak. Glenn Cooper: Self-involved politician, tries to please everyone, pleases no one, looks out for number one.
- Officer Welch: Career cop who has seen it all
- Officer Pudney: Welch’s backup, tireless companion.
The play is directed by Patrick Web who can be reached at 505.500.0248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Performances are Nov. 2-17.
For more information, visit lalt.org.