LAHS medal winning students who participated in the DECA competition. Courtesy photo
Of the 31 Los Alamos High School students who attended the DECA State Competition, 28 brought home medals!
The following students placed 1st in their event and earned a trip to Nationals:
- Victoria Cummins and Melanie Moulton–Community Service Project
- Haley Aslin and Gabriela Vallejos–Earn and Learn Project
- Jazmine Lopez and Haley Sargent–Financial Literacy Promotion Plan
- Shelby Milligan and Nora Scott–Business Operations Finance event
The following students placed 2nd in their event and earned a trip to Nationals:
- Elizabeth Anaya, Morgan Hohner, Hannah Martinez–Entrepreneurship Promotion Plan
- Selena Archuleta and Liandra Maestas–Fashion Merchandise Project
- Janalle Pana and Clarissa Rascon– Business Operations Finance event
- Kimberley Lopez–Creative Marketing Project
The following students placed 3rd in their event and earned a trip to Nationals:
- Edoardo Merrelo–Principles of Marketing
The following student placed 5th in their event and earned a trip to Nationals:
- Jonathan Salazar–Public Speaking event
The following students placed made it to finals in their event:
- Brenda Ramos–Principles of Marketing, Shay Archuleta–Personal Finance
- Adam Paulson and Jeffery Majors–Buying and Merchandising Operations event
- Miguel Lopez and Ally Brown–Creative Marketing Project
- Bethany Gutierrez- Retail Management
The following students were chosen to compete at Leadership academies at Nationals:
- Mackenzie Mork
- Brianne Johnston
- Shay Archuleta
- Jeffery Majors
Victoria Cummins was chosen as a State Officer to represent New Mexico DECA as its VP of Community Service!
Mr. Henderson noted, “WOW! It was truly an emotional experience to see such success! And a special thanks to Cindi Allmendinger and Mr. Jolley for giving up their time to help chaperon. Thanks toall the staff who also helped out.”
With nearly a 70-year history, DECA has impacted the lives of more than 10 million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals since it was founded in 1946.
DECA’s programs and activities have constantly evolved using the latest technology and applying cutting edge educational research and prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.