- No More Paper Forms to Complete for the Beginning of School Year!
Course selection is just a few days away and will be available on PowerSchool Feb. 10. While selecting your courses online in PowerSchool, LAHS would like you to complete all of the paperwork for the next school year, 2014-15. In previous years, you had to complete the forms (i.e., OTC permission, Permission to Participate, etc.), print them out and return them to LAHS. Now, you can complete the forms early and online! .
Before starting course selection, go online to FamilyID www.familyid.com. You might be familiar with FamilyID because this is the same company that the athletic/activities department uses for athletics registration.
FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides an easy, user-friendly way to register for the start of the 2014-15 school year, and helps LAHS be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of the information in your FamilyID profile so you need enter information only once for multiple uses, multiple family members and multiple programs.
Information Needed to Register
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration:
- Student ID, Doctor information, Health Insurance Information and Emergency Contact
- The “Section” is the student’s grade level next year (2014-15)
A parent/guardian can go to the LAHS website and click the “Register Now” button or use the following link: www.familyid.com/los-alamos-high-school–3
- Under the “Programs” title, click on the link for Los Alamos High School. Scroll to bottom of the page to either Sign Up as a Family or Individual if this is your first time using FamilyID, or Log In if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk folders.)
- Click on the link in your email confirmation, which will log you in to FamilyID, and then complete the information requested on the registration form. When you have completed the form, click the “Save & Continue” button.
- Review your registration summary and click “Confirm Registration” to submit. Once completed, you will receive an email receipt from firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also view your completed registration on your Dashboard. Log into www.familyid.com at any time to update your information and to check your registration(s).
You can find the LAHS program at www.familyid.com by clicking “Find Programs” in the top blue banner and searching for LAHS. http://email@example.com
If you need assistance with your registration with Family ID, you can call Family ID at 888.800.5583, ext.1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. FamilyID also offers online chat during business hours and a support center at www.familyid.desk.com. Support is available seven days a week and messages will be returned promptly.
Questions? No access to the Internet? Call or email Assistant Principal Mike Johnson at 505.663.2514 or email@example.com.