Calling all high school students (home schooled included).
- Want to be in a sport but wanted more self expression?
- Ever thought that being in a Marching Band would be cool, but don’t play a Marching Band instrument?
- Looking for a new and fun way to display those moves?
- Like to travel and compete as part of an award winning group?
- Just want to learn something new?
- Looking for a way to fill one of the LAHS arts credit?
Well, here is your chance…
The LAHS Color Guard is looking for students to join them in the 2014-15 school year. Everyone is welcome.
As an integral section of the Topper Band, you will work your magic to make the Marching Band show stand out from the other competitors in so many ways. After Marching Band season is over, you can be a part of Winter Guard with chances to compete far and wide as a Solo or Ensemble.
You don’t need a background in “spinning,” as color guard is also known: Coach Kim Kissane, LAHS Band Director Zane Meek and the current members will make sure that you get all the help you need.
Want to see what it’s really like? Join Coach Kim and Director Meek 5-7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 20 in the LAHS Band Room. You will get a chance to work on some basic moves and explore the requirements and time commitments for Color Guard.
Have questions? Can’t make that particular night? Contact Kim Kissane at 505.664.6552 or Zane Meek at 505.663.2607.