Kiwanis meets each Tuesday, from noon to 1 p.m., at the Masonic Temple on Sage Street near the intersection of 15th and Canyon Road.
Speakers and topics are occasionally subject to change because of illness, conflicts, or weather. Visitors are welcome. Visit http://losalamos.kiwanisone.org for more information.
- May 7-State Rep. Stephanie Garcia Richard will speak on the 2013 Legislative Session.
- May 14-Julie Habiger, communications and public relations administrator for Los Alamos County, will speak on the opening of the new Municipal Building and the relocation of many county departments.
- May 21-Los Alamos County Fire Chief Troy Hughes will brief Kiwanis on the latest developments at the Fire Department.
- June 4-Dennis Gill, a past president of Los Alamos Kiwanis, will brief new members-and bring older members up to date-on the history, goals, and statistics of Kiwanis International and its affiliates.
- June 11-Los Alamos Kiwanis Treasurer Cindy Eaton will share experiences and photos from her recent trip to China.