The Los Alamos Kiwanis Club meets noon to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at the Masonic Temple on Sage Street, near 15th and Canyon.
Speakers and topics are occasionally subject to change because of illness, conflicts or weather.
Visit the club online at http://losalamos.kiwanisone.org.
A list of upcoming programs follows:
- Feb. 19-Los Alamos County Utilities Manager John Arrowsmith, a member of Kiwanis, will update the club on the solar project at the landfill. In addition, Kiwanis Division 3 Lieutenant Governor Traci McAdams of Taos will be visiting and will speak briefly.
- Feb. 26-Committee Meetings.
- March 5-Gillian Sutton will brief Kiwanis on the March 16 Empty Bowls event involving young people working in support of Self Help.
- March 12-Feliciano Jiron, chief executive officer of Los Alamos Medical Center will discuss changes at the hospital.
- March 19-Mike Lansing, associate director for Safeguards and Security at Los Alamos National Laboratory, will discuss new security initiatives at LANL.
- March 26-Committee Meetings.
- April 9-Steven Thomas, the new library manager for Los Alamos County, will discuss new initiatives at the library.