Performers, front row from left, Daniel Kim, Lenny Svyatsky, Philip Ionkov and Jennie Gao. Teachers and performers, back row from left, Janna Warren, Madeline Williamson, Lily Shevitz, Josh Shevitz, Sonyia Williams, Ron Grinage and Robert Zhu (Not pictured, but performing are Presley Gao and Jennifer Wang). Courtesy photo
The community is invited to join the Los Alamos Arts Council for its Brown Bag Performance Series Wednesday, Nov. 5. This concert features local Los Alamos music students, in an intimate noontime performance.
Performers Instructed by Madeline Williamson:
- Jennifer Wang – Sonata in GM, Op. 25, No. 2 Muzio Clementi
- Lenny Swatsky – Variations on an American Folk Tune, Op. 87, No. 1 Dimitri Kabalevsky
- Lily Shevitz – English Suite in Gm, BWV 808 J. S. Bach
- Josh Shevitz – Variations on a Japanese Folk Song, Op. 87, No. 3 Dimitri Kabalevsky
Performers Instructed by Janna Warren:
- Daniel Kim – Arietta Samuel Maykapar
- Jennie Gao – A Story in My Dream Yoshinao Nakada
- Philip Ionkov – Pieces for the Young Nicholai Rakov
- Injie Mourad – Fairy Tale Valery Gavrillin
Performers Instructed by Ronald Grinage:
- Sonyia Williams – Sonata in FM, K. 332 W. A. Mozart
- Robert Zhu – Fantasie Impromptu in C#m, Op. 66 Frédéric Chopin
Performers Instructed by Jacquelyn Helin:
- Presley Gao – Reflets dans l’eau (Reflections in the Water, Image Bk. I) Claude Debussy
The Teachers of all these students are members of: the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), the Professional Music Teachers of NM (PMTNM), and their local affiliates, Los Alamos Music Teachers Association (LAMTA) and the Santa Fe Music Teachers Association (SFMTA).
The LAAC’s Brown Bag concerts showcase local preforming artists and are free and open to the public. Performances are generally the first Wednesday of the month at noon in the Pajarito Room at Fuller Lodge.
The Los Alamos Arts Council (LAAC) was founded in 1967, and has helped to bring art to Los Alamos since then. In addition to the Brown Bag Performances LAAC’s annual events include:
- Main Street Scarecrow
- Pumpkin Glow
- Kite Festival
- Craft Fair
- Senior Recitals
- Coffee House
- Missoula Children’s Theater
- Fuller Lodge Open House
Please consider becoming a member to help great events like these. Your membership helps LAAC bring art to Los Alamos to enrich our community, lives, and our world in general. The brown bag series is only possible due to contributions to the Los Alamos Arts Council, and the sponsorship by Los Alamos County. More information about the LAAC please visit our website: http://losalamosartscouncil.org/.