PHOENIX – Even though taxes may not be on your mind, the IRS wants to help you with your 2013 federal tax planning now.
Summer is a good time for you to learn ways to reduce your taxes.
Beginning July 1, the IRS will offer its annual Summertime Tax Tip series of useful information affecting millions of taxpayers. Tax Tip subscribers receive a new Tip via email three times a week during the summer.
IRS Tax Tips are plain language messages that are easy to understand. They often include links to helpful IRS.gov references, IRS YouTube videos and podcasts.
- Sample Tax Tip topics this summer will include:
- Tax Tips for Newlyweds
- Safeguarding Records in Case of a Disaster
- Tips for People Who Travel for Charity Work
- New Simplified Option to Claim the Home Office Deduction
- Tips if You’re Starting a Business
- Back-to-School Tips for Students and Parents Paying College Expenses
Join the hundreds of thousands of subscribers who already benefit from tax tip information. To automatically receive your IRS Tax Tips, visit IRS.gov, click on “News” and select “e-News Subscriptions.”