The HMS Implacable, the local chapter of The Royal Manticoran Navy is supporting the US Marine Corps Reserve “Toys for Tots” campaign for the fourth straight year.
The community is invited to bring a new, unwrapped toy and drop it in a Toys for Tots box and share Christmas with a child in need.
Donation boxes are at the following locations:
- Metzger’s “Do-it-Best” Hardware store, 1607 Central Ave.
- The offices of Dr. Deppa Nadiga , 1475 Central Ave (2nd floor NM Bank & Trust)
- Time out Pizza, 158 Central Park Square #157
- Smith’s Marketplace, 751 Trinity Dr.
- Del Norte Credit Union, 1000 Trinity Drive
- Pasta Paradiso Ristorante Italiano, 1315 Trinity Dr.
- Los Alamos Family Council, 1505 15th St Suite C.
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘n’ Bake Pizza, 3801 Arkansas Ave suite B
- Bob’s Bodacious BBQ, 3801 Arkansas Ave suite G
- Elk Ridge Trailer Park Office, 2025 East Jemez Rd.
Boxes will remain in these locations until Dec. 10, when all collected toys will be transferred to the Marine Corps distribution center. All Donations will stay in the local area!
There are two “Fill the Truck” drives scheduled in Los Alamos this year:
- Nov. 23 & 24.
- “Black Friday” at Los Alamos Metzger’s “Do-it-Best” Hardware
- Small Business Saturday at Los Alamos Metzger’s “Do-it-Best” Hardware
- Dec. 8
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.: The truck will be at Los Alamos Metzger’s “Do-it-Best” Hardware
- 6 p.m.: Bring a new, unwrapped toy to the Winterfest Holiday Lights Parade … find our float in the parade and help us “Fill the Truck”
Additional locations and dates will be announced as they are scheduled.
Last year, HMS Implacable’s Toys for Tots Campaign brought in almost 1,400 toys. Thanks to the generosity of this community, the Implacable brought in almost 2 percent of all the toys gathered in New Mexico last year.
“We are hoping to meet or exceed last year’s amount, so we’re adding more events and additional donation sites to our campaign, and we’re placing a float in the Los Alamos Holiday Lights parade this year. We’re asking for those that can help out to bring donations of new, unwrapped toys to the parade or any of our other Los Alamos or Santa Fe events. For those who can’t attend one of those events, we will have drop off points throughout town through Dec. 10,” HMS Implacable Captain Bill Knight said. “Christmas is a time of year we all remember, and we want to help the US Marines make that memory a bit brighter for those in need.”
Toys for Tots is a national charity organized by the United States Marines Corps Reserve. Its goal is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens. The United States Marine Corps Reserve has been distributing toys to those in need since 1947. Interested parents can register their children for a toy by visiting the Toys for Tots website at https://albuquerque-nm.toysfortots.org/
The Royal Manticoran Navy (www.trmn.org) is the official Honor Harrington fan association. They celebrate the work of David Weber and the universe he has created in the Military Science Fiction genre with his Honor Harrington book series. The Association’s structure is set up based on the examples in the books and participation teaches service and leadership skills. Members of the organization advance those skills by their participation in community services and charitable events.
HMS Implacable is the “ship” that houses the local chapter of the Royal Manticoran Navy and is based in Los Alamos. The crew includes personnel from Los Alamos, Santa Fe, Española, Chimayo, Peralta and Montezuma. In addition to their annual support of the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program, the HMS Implacable’s crew also cleans the grounds and places Christmas wreaths at the Santa Fe National Cemetery, participates in the Big Brothers and Big Sisters “Bowl for Kid’s Sake” campaign, as well as working with the Habitat for Humanity program.