County Administrator Harry Burgess included the following project highlights in his November report to Council:
- Golf Course Community Building: Good progress, with anticipated completion date January/February 2014.
- Teen Center: RFP for design services should be advertised this month, and could begin latter part of 2014. Several stakeholders meetings will occur during design process.
- Nature Center: Council approved contract with design-build contractor.
- Fuller Lodge Phase I: Most work is done. New fire suppression was tested and reached test point in 38 seconds, while code requires 60 seconds.
- Permit Activity: October is more than 40 percent greater than September, projecting a yearly 10 percent increase total over last year.
- Smiths Marketplace Project: Foundation completed on A and B tenant units fronting Trinity Drive, some steel erected and exterior masonry walls raised 4-8 feet above finished floors. Nearly all exterior foundations and stem walls completed on main store. Exterior walls beginning to rise above the interior finished grade. Portions of canyon facing retaining wall now being raised.
- Ashley Pond Renovation Project: The ducks and geese have been returned to the pond. The “fish recipe” is under review and will be determined by spring when fish are returned to the pond.
Source: Councilor David Izraelevitz/LA Vision 2020