U.S. SENATE News:
ALBUQUERQUE — U.S. Sen. Martin Heinrich’s (D-N.M.) staff will hold a series of in-person Mobile Office Hours in Peñasco, Las Vegas, and Glorieta Friday, May 6, and Saturday, May 7, to provide direct assistance to New Mexicans who have been impacted by fires.
Sen. Heinrich’s staff will be on hand with information on federal disaster assistance, recovery of federal documents, and help if New Mexicans are experiencing difficulties with the federal government.
Sen. Heinrich worked alongside the state’s entire Congressional Delegation and Gov. Lujan Grisham to secure President Biden’s swift approval of a Major Disaster Declaration.
Individuals in Colfax, Lincoln, Mora, San Miguel, and Valencia Counties who have experienced losses from these wildfires can begin applying today with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) the following ways:
- Apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Call the application phone number at 1.800.621.3362 or 1.800.462.7585 (TTY) for the hearing and speech impaired from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (MST)
Sen. Heinrich’s staff will hold the following Mobile Office Hours:
- Peñasco Mobile Office Hours – Friday, May 6:
- WHEN: From 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. MT
- WHERE: Peñasco High School Gym – Fire Evacuation Site – 13 School Road, Peñasco, N.M. 87553, 575.770.8708
Las Vegas Mobile Office Hours – Saturday, May 7:
- WHEN: From 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. MT
- WHERE: Memorial Middle School – Open for all Evacuees – 1236 5th Street, Las Vegas, N.M. 87701, 505.454.5710
Glorieta Mobile Office Hours – Saturday, May 7:
- WHEN: From 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. MT
- WHERE: Glorieta Conference Center, 11 N.M.-50, Glorieta, N.M. 87535, 505.428.6424
Constituents who are not able to attend Mobile Office Hours can visit the Helping You section of Sen. Heinrich’s online office at www.Heinrich.Senate.Gov. For additional information, contact Sen. Heinrich’s Albuquerque Office at 505.346.6601.