Expressions of patriotism greet visitors to this home on Meadow Lane in White Rock. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Preparations are underway for today’s annual Kiwanis Fireworks Extravaganza at Overlook Park in White Rock. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
The Kiwanis Club of Los Alamos will host its annual 4th of July Celebration and Fireworks Show today at Overlook Park in White Rock.
The day’s events commence at 2 p.m. Friday with music, bouncy toys, skydiving and more. Atomic City Transit will provide free transportation to the park. A suggested donation of $5 per person (not including kids ages 12 and under) will be requested by Kiwanis members at the entry gates to Overlook Park.
- 2-9 p.m. – Bouncy toys
- 2-5 p.m. – Recorded music provided by Outlaw Country 107.5
- 4 p.m. – Atomic City Buses begin running from Sullivan Field to the Park and White Rock Locations
- 5-6 p.m. – Community Winds perform
- 6-8 p.m. – James Carothers, with breaks provided by Outlaw Country 107.5
- 8-8:10 p.m. – Habenaro Skydivers
- 8:15 p.m. – Best Seat-in-the-House Drawing – winner gets to “push the button”
- 8:15-9:10 p.m. – James Carothers, with breaks by Outlaw Country 107.5
- 9:10- 9:15 p.m. – Star Spangled Banner – Louise Mendius
- 9:15-9:45 p.m. – Fireworks!
- 9:45-11 p.m. – Exit Park