- An advocate for balanced community investments especially infrastructure revitalization.
- A proponent of the County’s established economic vitality priorities.
- A supporter of the positive momentum promoting regional partnerships and collaboration.
- A voice for mutually-beneficial collaborations with the schools.
I am committed to sustaining the quality of life we enjoy — a safe place to live, quality schools, unique recreational and cultural venues, and a “no better place” to raise a family. I will look for and champion practical solutions that responsibly serve to balance our community’s expectations for services with available revenues. I will make decisions to progress effective government.
Motto: Don’t Yack, Give Back!
- White Rock resident 33 years
- Married to Sharon Stover 29 years
- Two children: Quinn – 3rd-year law student at Denver University and Craig – senior at Colorado State University
- Registered Republican
- LANL Employee – Associate Director for Engineering Sciences
- Leadership NM, Core Curriculum Committee 2010-2012
- Los Alamos Public Schools, Board of Education, President, Vice-President, Secretary 2005-09
- Los Alamos County Planning & Zoning Commission 1996-1998
- Los Alamos County Parks and Recreation Board 1984-1988
- Little League Baseball Volunteer Umpire 1998 – present
- Leadership Los Alamos 2004 (Charter Class)
- Leadership NM, Core Program 2010
- Member United Church of Los Alamos
- Mexico Mission Adult Leader 6 years
Making a Difference for Los Alamos Since 1981
Performed as Mother Ginger in the Nutcracker by DALA
Los Alamos Public Schools, Board of Education, President, Vice-President, Secretary 2005-09
Call Steven at 672-1706 or 412-3291
P.O. Box 763, Los Alamos, NM 87544
Paid for by Girrens for Council – Lisa Wismer Treasurer