The next meeting of the Los Alamos Geological Society is 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 16 at the Christian Church, 92 East Road in Los Alamos.
The meeting will feature the annual potluck and silent auction with the main entree provided by El Parasol. Come and enjoy talking with fellow rock hounds. To sign up, contact Richard Stead at 665-1033 or email@example.com.
The monthly field trip is July 20 to the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science in Albuquerque. The group will meet at the Sullivan Field parking lot at 8 a.m. Carpooling to Albuquerque is recommended. Exhibits include:
- Time Tracks – A journey through billions of years of New Mexico’s natural history from the formation of the universe to the present day;
- Titanic – Features authentic artifacts recovered from the wreck site;
- Bisiti Beast – New Mexico’s newest tyrannosaur;
- Fossil Works – Features the process of extracting dinosaur fossils from the rock matrix; and
- Emergence – How and why did life on Earth emerge?