The Santa Fe National Forest announces “Fee-Free Days” over Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 10-12.
We invite the public, veterans, active members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and their families to take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and enjoy the great outdoors.
The fee waiver applies to all picnic/day-use areas and campgrounds on the Santa Fe National Forest, except for those individual and group campgrounds that are reserved through the Recreation.gov reservation system.
Individual and group campgrounds NOT included include:
- Cuba District: Clear Creek Group Campground
- Jemez Ranger District: Redondo Campground, Paliza Campground/Group Campground
- Jemez Falls Campground/Group Campground
- Pecos/Las Vegas District: Jacks Creek Group Campground, Holy Ghost Group Campground
- Espanola Ranger District: Black Canyon Campground
Some recreation facilities on the forest are closed for the season. Visitors are encouraged to “Know Before You Go.”
Call the appropriate Ranger Station to check the status of recreation facilities:
- Forest Supervisor’s Office (505) 438-5300
- Coyote Ranger District (575) 638-5526
- Cuba Ranger District (575) 289-3264
- Espanola Ranger District (505) 753-7331
- Jemez Ranger District (575) 829-3535
- Pecos Ranger Station (505) 757-6121
- Las Vegas Ranger Station (505) 425-3534
For a list of detailed recreation opportunities on the Santa Fe National Forest, please visit http://www.fs.usda.gov/santafe/.
The Forest advises all Forest visitors to be safe in the woods as there are some small and big game hunts going on within the Santa Fe National Forest during this time of year.
People in the forest are encouraged to wear blaze orange or bright colors to increase their visibility and always be aware of their surroundings.
In addition, fire danger on the Forest is currently high to very high so please remember to be fire safe.