Los Alamos County Fire Department will relax its Fire Restrictions in Los Alamos County effective 8 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 1.
This relaxation of fire restrictions is based upon:
- Local weather improvement, including:
- Seasonal Monsoon pattern with recent regular rainfall
- Rising humidity values in the weather
- Fuel condition improvements, including:
o Reduction in Fire Danger Level, from Extreme to Moderate and Low for several weeks
o Reduction in Ignition Potential
o Steady increase in the Dead Fuel Moistures to double-digit levels
- Daily fire occurrence situation:
o The number of lightning caused starts remains steady; however, large fire potential is down
o Adequate fire resources available
The Los Alamos County Fire Department continues to work with the U.S. Forest Service, Los Alamos National Laboratory Emergency Management, and the National Park Service, and will closely monitor local wildfire conditions.
Residents will be advised if/when these conditions change and are encouraged to be fire wise around their homes.