- New Mexicans impacted by environmental injustice in their communities bring their voices to the State Capitol
SANTA FE — About 50 community leaders impacted by environmental justice issues in New Mexico will be connecting with their decision makers in the State Capitol on Monday, March 13 as part of Environmental Justice (EJ) Moral Monday. The citizens’ advocacy day is intended to highlight various EJ issues impacting our air, land, water and health.
Environmental justice communities and organizations from across New Mexico will be participating at the event held at the State Capitol. Over the course of the day, EJ community leaders will participate in a breakfast and training facilitated by other community leaders to learn how to navigate the policy-making process.
- Who: Community leaders from communities impacted by environmental injustice and elected officials who are champions for environmental justice issues and communities
- What: Environmental Justice Moral Monday
- When: 12-1 p.m. – rally outside on the east side of the Roundhouse
- Where: NM Legislature
- Why: To highlight environmental injustices impacting New Mexicans’ health, air, land and water
For more information, contact Liliana Castillo with Conservation Voters New Mexico Education Fund at 575.219.9619 or firstname.lastname@example.org.