Shelters across the country are in crisis with overcrowding and other major obstacles, prompting a national call for adoption.
BISSELL Pet Foundation (BPF) is aiming to “Empty the Shelters” by sponsoring reduced adoption fees of $25 May 2-8.
More than 275 shelters in 45 states and Canada will participate in this lifesaving event to place deserving pets in loving homes.
Note – not every shelter is participating for the full event. Potential adopters are encouraged to visit the “Empty the Shelters” website to find the nearest participating shelter and confirm their adoption day details.
This event is taking place at 275+ shelters across 45 states. Click here for an interactive map.
“Shelters across the country are over capacity, and highly adoptable pets are at risk as we face one of the largest crises in recent years,” BISSELL Pet Foundation Founder Cathy Bissell said. “BISSELL Pet Foundation is calling on people to visit their community shelters during ‘Empty the Shelters’ to save a life through adoption. Without you, there is no tomorrow for these deserving pets.”
BISSELL Pet Foundation:
- BISSELL Pet Foundation was founded in 2011 by Cathy Bissell;
- “Empty the Shelters” has helped 83,055 pets find homes across the country and in Canada since its inception in 2016;
- “Empty the Shelters” provides reduced adoption fees at shelters, typically ranging from $0 to $25 per animal adoption;
- The nation’s shelters are facing an overcrowding crisis. Please consider fostering or donating if you unable to add a pet to your family; and
- Visit www.BISSELLPetFoundation.org/
Empty-The-Shelters for more information.