With early voting humming along and Nov. 8 just days away, the personal-finance website WalletHub today followed up its report on the best political party for the economy by releasing its Election Day 2016 By The Numbers infographic.
The infographic is filled with interesting facts on elections past and present – a small sample below and accompanied by a Q&A with a panel of leading political experts.
- 46.5 percent – Of voters supporting either Clinton or Trump say their main objective is to stop the other side from winning.
- 60.13 percent – Of claims made by Trump during the campaign have been rated “False” or “Pants on Fire” by Politifact (vs. 13.33 percent for Clinton).
- $21.6M – Speaking fees earned by Hillary Clinton from 2013 to 2015 (92 speeches).
- +$2.2B – Projected change in Real GDP (2009 dollars) during the first four years of a Clinton presidency (+$0.7B for Trump).
- 14 States – Have new laws that could make it more difficult to vote this year (32 states have voter ID laws).
For the full Election Day 2016 By The Numbers report, visit: http://wallethub.com/blog/election-infographic/25378/.
More Election Info: