97.11 percent of Delegates Cast Votes Through Absentee Balloting
The Democratic Party of New Mexico (DPNM) adjourned the 2022 Democratic Pre-Primary Nominating Convention today via Zoom, during which the results of convention voting were announced.
Nearly 1,000 Democrats attended the opening of the 2022 Democratic Pre-Primary Convention, either in-person in Roswell or via Zoom. Delegates then voted via absentee balloting in accordance with DPNM rules and regulations.
In total, 1,141 delegates cast their votes, resulting in a record 97.11 percent participation rate.
Candidates must receive 20 percent of the vote in order to qualify for the 2022 Democratic primary ballot via convention voting. Candidates will be listed on the primary ballot in descending order of votes received.
- Governor of New Mexico
- Michelle Lujan Grisham – 100%
- United States Representative (NM-01)
- Melanie Stansbury – 100%
- United States Representative (NM-02)
- Gabriel Vasquez – 80.43%
- Darshan Patel – 19.57%
- United States Representative (NM-03)
- Teresa Leger Fernandez – 100%
- Lieutenant Governor of New Mexico
- Howie Morales – 100%
- New Mexico Secretary of State
- Maggie Toulouse Oliver – 100%
- Attorney General of New Mexico
- Brian Colón – 61.46%
- Raúl Torrez – 38.54%
- New Mexico State Treasurer
- Laura Montoya – 58.29%
- Heather Benavidez – 41.71%
- New Mexico State Auditor
- Zack Quintero – 61.81%
- Joseph Maestas – 38.19%
- New Mexico Commissioner of Public Lands
- Stephanie Garcia Richard – 100%
- Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court, Position 1
- Justice Julie J. Vargas – 100%
- Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court, Position 2
- Justice Briana H. Zamora – 100%
- New Mexico Court of Appeals Judge, Position 1
- Judge Gerald E. Baca – 100%
- New Mexico Court of Appeals Judge, Position 2
- Judge Katherine Anne Wray – 100%
Delegates also voted 96.56 percent in favor of adopting the proposed DPNM platform, and 99.28 percent in favor of adjourning the 2022 Democratic Pre-Primary Convention via Zoom March 13, 2022.
DPNM Chair Jessica Velasquez released the following statement regarding the 2022 Democratic Pre-Primary Nominating Convention:
“This is one of the strongest slate of candidates Democrats have ever had, and we’re so excited to see such strong turnout for the pre-primary voting process. The enthusiasm we saw around this convention just goes to show that Democrats are fired up and ready to elect our candidates up and down the ballot in 2022.”