Del Norte LOV Foundation News:
SANTA FE — The Del Norte LOV (Living Our Vision) Foundation, the independent nonprofit organization associated Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU), has announced the details of its upcoming round of 2022 scholarship opportunities for New Mexico students, and information relating to upcoming fundraising efforts during the holiday season.
The 2022 program introduces a new $3,000 scholarship in addition to ten $1,000 scholarships for high school seniors, homeschool seniors, or GED recipients who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs at an accredited institution of their choice.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a member of Del Norte Credit Union prior to the application deadline
- Reside in one of these four New Mexico counties: Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Sandoval or Santa Fe
- Be a high school senior, equivalent home school senior, or a recipient of a GED received in same year of higher education enrollment
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire 2022-23 academic year
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent ($1,000 scholarship) or a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent ($3,000 scholarship)
Selections of recipients are made by Scholarship America, Inc. Additional details on scholarship application requirements and deadlines may be found in the Scholarships section at delnortelovfoundation.org.
“This year, we’re excited to introduce a new $3,000 scholarship opportunity in addition to ten $1,000 scholarships for high performing New Mexico students in need,” explained Connie Tooker Nuñez, Del Norte LOV Foundation Director. “Synthesizing our scholarship opportunities with our holiday season fundraising serves as a reminder of the privilege that the Del Norte LOV Foundation enjoys in terms of pairing those who can give with deserving students in need.”
During this holiday season, the Del Norte LOV Foundation is actively welcoming donations towards achieving its goal of improving lives of youth and families in New Mexico through scholarships, community grants, sponsorships, financial literacy, and community engagement. Contributions may be submitted via a secure online process or by mail at Del Norte LOV Foundation, c/o Del Norte Credit Union, PO Box 1180, Los Alamos, NM 87544.
About Del Norte LOV Foundation
The Del Norte LOV Foundation is a registered 501(c) 3 public charity nonprofit organization. The mission of the Del Norte LOV Foundation is to improve lives of youth and families in New Mexico through community support programs including DNCU employee giving, special fundraising, scholarships, sponsorships, grant-making, financial literacy and community engagement. More info available at delnortelovfoundation.org.
About Del Norte Credit Union
Chartered in 1954, Del Norte Credit Union is a not-for-profit credit union based in New Mexico with a mission of improving lives. DNCU offers a wide variety of products and services designed to make members achieve financial success. DNCU serves more than 57,000 members throughout New Mexico and the United States. More info available at dncu.com.