CREATIVE DISTRICT News:
Los Alamos Creative District’s Fourth Fridays returns to downtown Los Alamos Friday, July 24.
Designed to get people downtown before the Summer Concert Series begins at 7 p.m., Fourth Fridays is a monthly event that offers special programming at Mesa Public Library, Bradbury Science Museum, Los Alamos Historical Society and Fuller Lodge Art Center and the Los Alamos Nature Center.
Fourth Fridays happen on the fourth Friday of each month and also promote special offerings from participating local businesses. This month Fourth Friday special events and promotions include:
- The Los Alamos Historical Museum will feature the Remembering Jack Aeby exhibit at 1050 Bathtub Row.
- The Fuller Lodge Art Center, 2132 Central Ave., will feature “Ken as Canvas”! Use the FLAC Director Ken Nebel as a canvas from 4:30-9 p.m. We’re not sure what this will be, but we’re certain it will be entertaining.
- The Bradbury Science Museum, 1350 Central Ave., will feature Under the Microscope: Explore the natural world through the eyes of microscopes. Examine pond water, plants, fibers, pollen, and more. This will be open from 4-6 p.m. 1350 Central Avenue.
- Fusion Multisport will feature their Summer Clearance Sale with 35 percent off summer apparel. The store is open until 6p.m. Fusion Multisport is located at 106 Central Park Square.
- Pet Pangaea will feature the ThunderShirt for dogs suffering from anxiety due to thunder and lightening during our frequent summer storms. Stop by Pet Pangaea tonight to pick one up until 7 p.m. at 158 Central Park Square.
- Let UnQuarked, 145 Central Park Square, handle dinner! They have picnic baskets available for purchase to take to the Summer Concert Series.
- UPEX is offering a “Send Back to School Packages” special. Spend $150 over time and receive $10 off your next purchase. They will be open until 6p.m. at 108 Central Park Square.
During the summer, Fourth Fridays is perfectly timed to happen right before the Summer Concert Series at Ashley Pond. This week the Los Alamos County Summer Concert Series will feature SATISFACTION: International Rolling Stones Show at 7p.m. at Ashley Pond.
Fourth Fridays will continue throughout the year. May the Fourth be with you!
Upcoming dates are:
- Aug. 28
- Sept. 25
- Oct. 23
- Nov. 27
The Los Alamos Creative District directs a variety of other programs that bring people to downtown Los Alamos. Tuesdays at the Pond, a summer entertainment series, is in its second season and runs through August 11. It brings a variety of entertainment acts to the Ashley Pond stage in downtown Los Alamos at 7 p.m.every Tuesday.
The Los Alamos Creative District, designated by the State in 2009, is part of a statewide network of cultural districts organized through the New Mexico Arts and Cultural District Program. The mission of the Creative District is to advance the community’s unique creative identity and generate increased economic prosperity by curating and providing local cultural programming that connects a broad range of stakeholders.
The mission of the Creative District is to advance the community’s unique creative identity and generate increased economic prosperity by curating and providing local cultural programming that connects a broad range of stakeholders. Learn more about LACD at www.creativelosalamos.org.
The Los Alamos Creative District is a program of Los Alamos Commerce & Development Corporation; a private, not-for-profit economic and community development organization serving the Los Alamos area since 1983.