Creative District News:
Los Alamos Creative District is hosting a WinterFest “Ugly Holiday Sweater” Face Mask Decorating Contest and giving away cloth face masks that serve as blank canvases for creativity.
It is free to participate, and awards will be given out to the top three winners in three categories:
- Adult (age 18+)
- Teen (age 13-17)
- Youth (12 & Under)
Prizes for each category:
- Gift card to Village Arts
- 1st – $30
- 2nd – $20
- 3rd – $10
Artists must use the mask provided, which may be picked up 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday (except Thanksgiving) through Dec. 6, while supplies last, at Nambe Drugs, 111 Central Park Square. Decorated masks must be submitted via email by 10 p.m. Dec 5. The winners will be announced by 2 p.m. Dec 6.
- Masks need to be decorated within the theme of “Ugly Holiday Sweater”;
- Must use the face mask provided by the Creative District;
- Only one submission per person;
- Two clear photos of the mask must be emailed to email@example.com (one closeup of the mask, with the entire mask visible) and another photo of someone wearing it (does not have to be the artist);
- Due by 10: p.m. Dec 5; and
- Email must include: Name and age of artist, two photos as noted above, and contact phone number of artist (or parent of artist, if under 18).
Direct questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterFest 2020: www.losalamosmainstreet.com/winterfest
The Los Alamos Creative District is a program of Los Alamos Commerce & Development Corporation; a private, not-for-profit economic and community development organization serving the Los Alamos area since 1983. LACDC serves as the umbrella organization for the Los Alamos Chamber of Commerce, Los Alamos MainStreet, Discover Los Alamos, Los Alamos Small Business Center, Los Alamos Creative District, projectY cowork Los Alamos, and the Los Alamos Research Park.