The new Municipal Building is nearly completed and the County expects building occupancy permits within the week.
The move schedule has been finalized for staff to start moving into the new building in May.
County staff are working hard as they prepare to move to minimize disruptions to customer service and keep services up and running.
Below is the move schedule by department. Note that the staff may have limited phone and computer services on the actual day of the physical move and the day after the physical move.
The County Clerk and the County Assessor will have a temporary office with limited services the day of their move, located in the new municipal building in the Boards and Commissions Room (Room 110) on the first floor, next to the new Council Chambers.
The 311 Customer Care Center will be one of the very last service areas to move to the new building; therefore, citizens are asked to call 3-1-1 from a land line or 505-662-8333 from a cell phone and talk to a customer service representative if they are wondering if any of the departments below are moving, have already moved, or if they need 311 staff to relay a general question or message.
Within each department, at least one staff member has been designated to have a cell phone and to be available to take questions during the move.
Within the new building, signage in the lobby will show the public where the new departments are located, along with a poster of the move schedule as shown below.
Staff in the Public Works department, located just off the main lobby of the new building, will also be able to help answer general move questions after they move in May 6.
Members of the public are asked to please limit access to the building in the month of May as it will be very busy with movers, boxes, furniture and staff loading and unloading large trucks.
County Municipal Building Move Schedule:
- April 8-26: Move County Servers, Records and Historic Archives (boxes only, not staff) then Information Management staff – Servers and boxes are being moved this week and over the next two weeks; IM staff moves their offices late next week.
- May 1 Capital Projects Department
- May 2 Media Services (Print Shop)
- May 3-6 Public Works Department
- May 7 Human Resources Division
- May 8 Office of Management & Budget
- May 9 Community Services Department
- May 13 County Attorney
- May 14 County Assessor
- May 15 County Clerk
- May 16 Community & Economic Development
- May 20 Dept. of Public Utilities Administration (170 Central Pk Sq)
- May 21 County Administrator’s Office
- May 22 Dept. of Public Utilities (150 Central Pk Sq, but not 311)
- May 23-24 311 Customer Care Center (150 Central Pk Sq)
- May 17-22 County Records Office
- May 23-27 Historical Society – Archives Office
After all County Staff have moved:
- June 5-24 Council Chambers Audio/Video Equipment moves out of Community Bldg
- June 25 First Council meeting in new Council Chambers
- June 28 Grand Opening and Building Dedication with Public Tours: tours will run 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. with building dedication hosted by Council following tours – watch for more details in May!
- June 30 Last day of leases for modulars.
- July 31 Last day of leases for rental space.
Furniture and excess items will be addressed during May and June using a contractor for sale or disposal.