Beginning Monday April 15, the Los Alamos County Council will hold budget hearings on the proposed FY-14 budget.
Hearings will continue Tuesday and Wednesday April 16-17.
Times and topics proposed for discussions are:
Monday April 15, 7 p.m.
- Budget Overview
- Long Range Financial Projection
- Elected Officials’ Budgets Discussion
- General County Operating Budgets Discussion
Tuesday, April 16, 7 p.m.
- General County Operating Budgets Discussion, continued
- Utilities Budget Discussion
- Outstanding Items
Wednesday, April 17, 7 p.m.
- Outstanding Items, continued
- Possible Adoption or Consideration of Tentative Approval of FY14 Budget
All meetings will be held in Council Chambers at 475 20th St. Citizens interested in reviewing the County’s proposed FY2012 budget may access the document from the County’s webpage at www.losalamosnm.us.
Copies of the budget are available at the Mesa and White Rock public libraries, the 311 Customer Care Center (150 Central Pk Square), or at the Office of Budget and Management (2451 Central, Bldg A.)
Budget hearings are public hearings and the public is invited to attend and give the Council their comments. The first 30 minutes (7-7:30 p.m.) and last 30 minutes (9:30-10 p.m.) of each of the sessions are reserved for public comment on any portion of the proposed budget.
Public comment times overlap budget presentation and discussion session times. During these times, public comment will be the primary activity. After all public comment has been received, if time remains, other budget topics may be discussed.
The schedule above indicates that certain portions of the budget will be presented on certain dates; however, these topics are subject to be shifted earlier or later, based upon the actual timing of the discussions.
If not adopted April 17, then budget adoption is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 7 in Council Chambers. Until the Council adopts the budget, it is still open for discussion and change.
Citizens unable to attend hearings can still comment in a variety of ways:
- Send U.S. Mail correspondence to County Administrator Harry Burgess, 133 Central Pk Square, Los Alamos, NM 87544
- E-Mail correspondence to Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org or Deputy County Administrator Steven Lynne at email@example.com
- E-Mail comments directly to the County Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizens can also view the budget hearings live on PAC-8 (Channel 8 on Comcast cable television), or via the computer using internet streaming under the “County Council” link on the County’s webpage at www.losalamosnm.us.