Community Services Director Charlie Kalogeros-Chattan presents details of the Social Services actual expenditures to Council. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
County Council tentatively voted 7-0 to reduce public defender contractual services funds in the Council’s budget by $15,000 from $25,000 to $10,000.
The reason for the reduction is that the expenditure of these funds has not exceeded $10,000 in any of the last five years.
There are four other “parking lot” items carried over from Tuesday night’s budget hearing. Council will hear greater detail from County staff on each followed by a tentative vote.
Community Services Director Charlie Kalogeros-Chattan is currently presenting budget details of the Social Services Department.
Her proposed FY2014 budget reflects $85,001 in program cost reductions:
- $20,000 from JJAB
- 13,763 from Senior Center Services including meals and transportation
- $9,327 from Teen Center Operation
- $6,911 from Youth Activity Centers Operation
- $12,000 from Prevention: Substance abuse
- $15,000 from School Prevention Specialist and $8,000 from Uncommitted Prevention Services.
Council will tentatively vote on these cuts at the end of Kalogeros-Chattan’s presentation.
At the end of tonight’s meeting, Council expects to make a final vote on the five parking lot items.