Upcoming Road Construction Update: Week of June 2
For more information about the projects listed below, please e-mail email@example.com, call 505.662.8150, or visit the “Projects” link at www.losalamosnm.us. Please slow down and use caution within the construction work zones.
NM502 / Trinity Storm Drain Improvements:
The full closure of N.M. 502 / Trinity Drive between DP Road and 4th Street will be in place through June 4.
Here’s what to expect:
- All eastbound N.M. 502 / Trinity Drive traffic will be able to access Trinity businesses and side streets up to and including DP Road. N.M. 502 / Trinity Drive will be closed immediately east of DP Road. Access to the Hilltop House Hotel site is available from Central Avenue.
- All westbound N.M. 502 / Trinity Drive traffic will be detoured to Central, then 15th Street, then back to Trinity Drive.
Starting June 5, N.M. 502 / Trinity Drive will be closed between the Meri-Mac Shopping Center and DP Road. This closure will be in place until June 13.
Here’s what to expect:
- All eastbound N.M. 502 / Trinity Drive traffic will be able to access Trinity businesses and side streets up to the Meri-Mac Shopping Center entrance. N.M. 502 / Trinity Drive will be closed immediately east of Meri-Mac Shopping Center entrance. Access to the Hilltop House Hotel site is available from Central Avenue.
- All westbound N.M. 502 / Trinity Drive traffic will be detoured to Central, then 15th Street and then back to Trinity.
- Access to DP Road will be through 4th street and then east to DP Road.
The established detour is purposely routed through the signalized intersections at Trinity and 15th and at 15th and Central to allow for the most efficient traffic flow.
Knecht Street will remain open; however, this route is not recommended for northbound access to Central Avenue. The lack of a signal at the north end of Knecht Street will very likely result in significant delays while waiting for a gap in traffic on Central Avenue.
The Central Avenue access to the Municipal Building continues to be closed; please use the Municipal Building driveways off Iris Street.
Please use extreme caution, watch for pedestrians, and slow down as you move through the detour area.
Western Area Improvements Phase 2:
Crews have started trenching on 45th Street off Trinity and removing a portion of the sidewalk around the park. Contractor will be removing and replacing old water meter cans on 47th Street off Trinity. Motorists may experience flagging operations and minimal delays.
Work hours will be 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Access to residences as well as services such as mail delivery, emergency services, trash and recycling collection will be maintained.
Non-County Projects of Significance:
Smith’s Marketplace construction continues through opening day in mid-July. Expect significant truck traffic and potential delays on N.M. 502 and Trinity Drive.
Construction updates are posted at www.losalamosnm.us each Friday explaining traffic control to be expected for the following week – link to News/The Cone Zone. Or, subscribe to The Cone Zone newsletter and receive automatic traffic updates via e-mail each week – just visit the “Newsletters” link on the home page and click on “The Cone Zone” subscribe box. Project updates are also available via newsletter subscription on the same page – sign up to receive news about projects that are of interest to you!