Jaret McDonald at his White Rock home is running unopposed on the Republican ticket in Tuesday’s Primary Election. He is challenging Democrat incumbent Marco Lucero in the general election Nov. 4. Photo by Don Taylor
The committee to elect Jaret McDonald as Los Alamos County Sheriff has officially launched his campaign website.
“I believe that I can create and will direct the sheriff’s office in such a way that we can save the taxpayers some money and help educate the residents,” McDonald said. “I will work to eliminate any duplication of effort between the sheriff’s office and police department … since both are paid for by the taxpayers – streamlining and clarifying their roles is beneficial for everyone.”
McDonald’s campaign website is www.losalamossheriff.com.
He states the founding principles that he is running on as:
- Ensuring the Sheriff’s Office follows the County Charter;
- Not increasing nor decreasing the reach of the Sheriff’s Office without voter/council approval;
- Ensuring that all Sheriff’s Office spending is absolutely necessary;
- Ensuring all official travel and Sheriff’s Office business is a requirement of the Office; and
- Keeping in touch with historical issues and the needs of the community.
McDonald, 42, is a construction superintendent with LANS. He and his wife Jennifer live in White Rock.