Century Bank Vice President/Branch Manager Karen Easton, right, recently presented a $500 check to Bradbury Science Museum Association President Ryn Herrmann and BSMA Past President Andy Trottier in support of STEM education grants for teachers in northern New Mexico. Courtesy/BSMA
BSMA and Century Bank News:
The Bradbury Science Museum Association (BSMA) and Century Bank have awarded Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education grants to 10 certified K-12 teachers in northern New Mexico.
The grants are $100 each and are intended to help teachers promote STEM learning activities in their classrooms. The grants were available to teachers in Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, Sandoval, San Miguel, Santa Fe and Taos counties.
Century Bank/BSMA STEM Education grant recipients include:
- Katherine Cloran, Barrance Elementary, Los Alamos: 3D Blocks;
- Margaret Espinosa, Fairview Elementary, Espanola: Coding;
- Tracy Galligan, Taos High School: Marshmallow Catapults, Bubble and Hot Wheels;
- Harry Henderson, Rio Rancho Cyber Academy, Rio Rancho: Robot Soccer;
- Angela Lopez, Barranca Elementary, Los Alamos: Introduction to Hands-On Coding and Programming in 3rd Grade;
- Jafer Martin, Taos Middle School: Textbooks for Enrichment;
- Beverly Nelson, Chamisa Elementary, Los Alamos: More 3-D Printing;
- Allyson O’Brien, Enos Garcia Elementary, Taos: Ecology Field Trip;
- Inex Ortega, Penasco Elementary School: Ask Questions and Learn; and
- Bill Rodriguez, Francis X, Nava Elementary, Santa Fe: Thundering Robotics.
“Century bank is proud to partner with the BSMA in providing STEM grants to local teachers,” said Century Bank Vice-President/Branch Manager Karen Easton. “We believe that when teachers have the tools and support they need, the imagination and curiosity they plant in their students today will help them grow into the innovators of tomorrow.”
About the BSMA
The BSMA is the 501(c)3 non-profit partner to the Bradbury Science Museum with the mission of promoting STEM education opportunities for people of all ages; and providing STEM grants for certified K-12 teachers in northern New Mexico is one example of the BSMA’s STEM education outreach efforts.