Community & Economic Development Director Anne Laurent presents her budgets to Council. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Economic Vitality Administrator Greg Fisher and Community & Economic Development Director Anne Laurent. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Community & Economic Development Director Director Anne Laurent presented her departmen’s FY2015-FY2016 budgets to Council this evening in Council Chambers.
The CEDD encompasses Facilities, Capital Project Management, Economic Development, Building, Planning, Custodial, Lodgers’ Tax and Housing.
The FY2014 Adopted Budget for the CEDD is $9,476,809 and Lauarent presented a proposed budget of $10,049,853 for FY2015 and $15,078,876 for FY 2016 down from $23,642,194 in FY2013.
Laurent briefed Council on some of the significant changes and impacts in her department including:
- Eliminating two fulltime employee positions through department reorganization and attrition;
- Reducing administrative support and increasing multi-tasking of duties;
- Consolidating permit technicians under the administration division;
- Moving another step to “one-stop-shop” customer experience and the new permit software implementation also moving forward;
- Adjusting staffing levels in Project Management anticipating a reduced CIP workload – the immediate workload is very high until Golf Course Building completes and the Municipal Building HVAC issues are resolve;
- Adopting a new nuisance code enhancing exterior property maintenance standards, increasing expectations within the community of visual improvements; and
- Transitioning one fulltime employee from Project Management to Code Enforcement.
County Economic/Marketing Coordinator Kelly Stewart with Community & Economic Development Director Anne Laurent. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com