Today women will gather at 11:30 a.m. at Ashley Pond to celebrate a Day Without a Woman!
The goal is to highlight the economic power and significance that women have in the US and global economies, while calling attention to the economic injustices women continue to face. Women play an indispensable role in the daily functions of life in all of society, through paid and unpaid, seen and unseen labor. Economic Justice = Gender Justice!
Today’s Speaker Line-up:
- Circle of Grandmother’s Blessing by Tewa Women United
- Chris Chandler, Los Alamos County Councilor
- Sydne and Radhika from the newly formed Feminist Club at Los Alamos High School
- Sara Del Valle, mathematician working on modeling infectious diseases
- Elena Giorg, organizer of Voices of Los Alamos, organizer of the March for Science – Santa Fe
- Cristina Olds, organizer of Voices of Los Alamos
NOTE: Women-owned and co-owned businesses are encouraged to attend this event and have your picture taken for the Los Alamos Daily Post, as you and your business are being celebrated today, too!