Secretary Elizabeth Groginsky
SANTA FE – Today, Early Childhood Education and Care Department Secretary Elizabeth Groginsky announced the formation of ECECD’s Advisory Council.
The Council – created by Senate Bill 22 in the 2019 Legislative Session – will include stakeholders from across the early childhood community, including eligible providers, community organizations, educators, employee representatives, and staff from the Legislative Finance Committee and the Department of Finance and Administration.
“New Mexico has extraordinary early childhood leaders, and our new department needs their wisdom and knowledge. We encourage applications from individuals in every corner of the state,” Secretary Groginsky said.
The Advisory Council will be charged with developing:
- an outcomes measurement plan to monitor outcomes for children and families receiving services through child care assistance programs;
- goals and objectives with corresponding indicators that measure whether each of those objectives is reached;
- a workforce development plan, including a career ladder, wage structure, and professional development plan that applies to all programs within the department; and
- other tasks as appropriate.
The Advisory Council’s plan will be submitted to the Legislature and the Governor by Dec. 31, 2020.
The Council will meet four times:
- April 24;
- June 19;
- Aug. 21; and
- October on a date to be determined.
Each meeting is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with lunch provided. One meeting will take place in Santa Fe, one in Albuquerque, and two in locations to be determined.
To apply to join the Council, fill out this brief Google Form by 5 p.m. March 6, 2020.