FARMINGTON – Brett Mills, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President of First American Bank in Las Cruces has been elected Chairman of the Independent Community Bankers Association of New Mexico (ICBA/NM).
Mills was elected during the group’s 35th Annual Meeting at the Sandia Resort & Casino in Albuquerque and will serve until Aug. 1, 2020.
Mills began his career in banking in 1987 and has been at First American Bank since February 2010. He is a 1988 graduate of New Mexico State University where he earned his degree in Business Administration with a major in Finance. He is a graduate of the Western States School of Banking in Albuquerque and the BAI Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin.
The veteran community banker officially assumed his role at the Annual Membership Dinner/Dance Saturday, July 27. He succeeds Teresa Molina of First New Mexico Bank in Deming.
Mills urged a packed house during the annual membership banquet, “Given our banking industry’s issues and the volatile political environment at the national, state and local levels – our ICBA national association and ICBA/NM at the state level need our participation and support. Now more than ever our advocacy is so important. Please volunteer, participate and get involved. Get out of your comfort zone if necessary!”
ICBA/NM Newly Elected Board Of Director Members:
- Cody Burson, Valley Bank of Commerce – Roswell;
- Christopher Palmer, Pioneer Bank – Roswell;
- Doug Stone, J.P. Stone Community Bank – Portales; and
- Sharron Stuart, First New Mexico Bank – Las Cruces.
Completing ICBA/NM Board Second-Year Terms:
- Ruth Christopher, Citizens Bank – Las Cruces;
- Angel Reyes, Centinel Bank – Taos;
- Jennifer Weller, Citizens Bank – Farmington; and
- Randi Ybara, Western Bank – Lordsburg.
ICBA/NM Executive Committee:
- Alan Shettlesworth (Chairman-elect), Main Bank in Albuquerque;
- Dickie Wall (Vice Chairman), Lea County State Bank in Hobbs;
- Gordon Morris (Sect/Treasurer), American Heritage Bank in Melrose;
- Teresa Molina (Immediate Past-Chairman), First New Mexico Bank in Deming; and
- Jerry Walker (President & CEO), ICBA/NM in Farmington.