Early Childhood sets a parenting pattern that can last into the teen years. Respond to temper tantrums, set boundaries, and establish healthy control without resorting to anger, threats, nagging or power struggles.
Responding to babies’ needs in a balanced and caring way develops trust. Having an appropriate amount of responsibility and solving some of their own problems builds children’s confidence and skills, and lets them practice decision-making in a safe, loving environment.
The class includes a discussion of putting an end to misbehavior in public, smoothing out daily routines and calming sibling battles. There also will be time during class to meet other parents and learn what has worked for them.
- Class Dates: Mondays and Fridays, March 16 – April 3 (no class March 20)
- Time: 9:30-11 a.m. at Family Strengths Network in the Pueblo Complex
- Instructor: Karen Brown
- Cost: $40/individual or couple for non-members; $30 for members. Financial aid available, please ask!
- Child Care: Available on-site at no extra cost but must be requested at least one week in advance.
- Registration: On-line at www.lafsn.org.
FSN is a United Way Community Partner.