View of Tyuonyi Pueblo from the cavates; second place winning photo in last year’s contest. Photo by Kathryn Dannay
Bandelier National Monument has announced this year’s contest for photographers and artists to submit images to be used on the park’s Annual Pass.
“Bandelier sells hundreds of these passes every year, and next year it could be your photo or artwork that those hundreds of park visitors will see,” Superintendent Jason Lott said.
The winner will have their photo or artwork adorn the 2015 Bandelier Annual Pass, and receive a personal tour in the park from Lott.
In addition, the winner will receive an America the Beautiful Annual Pass, which covers entrance fees or standard amenity fees at sites managed by the US Forest Service, National Park Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, and Bureaus of Land Management and Reclamation, throughout the nation. Second and third place winners will receive a Bandelier Annual Pass and a copy of the park video, “This Place Knows Us.”
The image must be representative of Bandelier National Monument to be considered, and due to cultural concerns, images may not include kivas, masks, or petroglyphs of humans. Entries must be received by the park by 4:30 p.m., March 26. Other requirements include:
- Photos or artwork must be submitted in high quality digital format as a .jpeg, .tiff, or bitmap file. They must be 300DPI and 3MB or less.
- The design must be suitable to be placed on a 4” x 2” plastic card.
- Images should be submitted to BandPassContest@gmail.com , or copied onto CD and then either dropped off at the Visitor Center, or mailed to: Pass Contest, Visitor Center, Bandelier National Monument, 15 Entrance Road, Los Alamos, NM 87544. Include name and contact information, including email address and phone number, with entry; entries will be acknowledged.
- For questions about entries, call 505.672.3861, ext. 513.
- The National Park Service will have use of the top three digital images, credit will be given to the artist or photographer with each use, who will retain copyright. Digital images that are not selected in the top three will be deleted from Bandelier’s files and all rights for their use remain with their owners.
Winning entries will be unveiled at the Bandelier Visitor Center theater at 4 p.m., April 25. Entrants and the public are invited to a presentation of all the images, and the awarding of the prizes.