At the conclusion of a meeting Friday, Sept. 4, with the Los Alamos Branding Review Committee, Atlas announced the two brand straplines for which they will develop complementary logo concepts, plus a stand-alone logo without a strapline, for presentation to County Council at the Nov. 17, 2015 meeting:
- “Where Discoveries Are Made”; and
- “All the Elements of Imagination”.
Atlas based its selection on discussion with the Los Alamos Branding Review Committee, community input, and the strapline’s encapsulation of Los Alamos’ unique assets, and the ability to use it as a springboard for creative campaigns to attract Los Alamos’ target audiences that include prospective employers, employees, residents and visitors throughout the state and the surrounding region.
Council’s selection of the Los Alamos brand strapline and/or logo concept will provide the creative required for Atlas to proceed with the original contract AGR15-4159, including strapline and logo design finalization and the development of a brand implementation plan.
These deliverables are anticipated to be ready for Council and public review and selection in spring 2016, at which time Council will make the decision to pr;oceed to phase three: brand execution.
The public is encouraged to familiarize themselves with branding (in general) and Los Alamos County’s branding process to date through the following avenues:
- Branding Initiative webpage on the Los Alamos County website, under Projects, then Council Projects at http://www.losalamosnm.us/projects/council/Pages/BrandingInitiative.aspx.
- Branding Initiative Information Binders at the Los Alamos County Mesa and White Rock libraries and at the Municipal Building.
- *Branding Review Committee members are a great source of information: C.J. Bacino, Ann Rafferty, Shannon CDeBaca, Dave Fox, Dave Jolly, Ryn Herrmann, Patrick Sullivan, Kurt Steinhaus, Harry Burgess, Julie Habiger, Charlie Kalogeros-Chattan, Anne Laurent, Greg Fisher and Kelly Stewart.
For more information, contact Los Alamos Branding Initiative Project Manager Kelly Stewart at email@example.com or 505.412.3410.