The Arts in Public Places Board meets at 5:30 p.m. today, May 24, in Room 110 in the Municipal Building on 1000 Central Ave.
The meeting is open to the public.
1. CALL TO ORDER-ROLL CALL
2. PUBLIC COMMENT This section of the agenda is reserved for comments from the public on items that are not otherwise included in this agenda.
3. APP BOARD BUSINESS
A. 10824-18 Minutes from the Arts in Public Places Board Meeting on April 26, 2018. B. Farewell to Britton Donharl
5. CURRENT PROJECTS
A White Rock Pottery Project – update on plaque
B Update on artwork for the Columbarium
C Update on Hwy 502 Underpass
D Update on the kinetic wind sculptures
E Discuss and vote on the Donation Offer from Fran Stoval
6. OTHER BUSINESS
A Update on the Call for Art Ideas – continue reviewing and evaluating the proposals and vote on which proposals to eliminate and which proposals to consider for further action.
B Discuss the need for additional APPB members – vote on whether the size of the APPB should be increased from five to seven members
7. CHAIR COMMUNICATIONS A APPB recruitment efforts
8. BOARD MEMBER COMMUNICATIONS
A Art Inventory/Maintenance issues – vote on recommendations for maintenance, including Brown Trout
B Public Art Archives – discuss progress to date and vote on what needs to be done next
9. STAFF COMMUNICATIONS A Code of Conduct Training for Boards & Commissions on June 15
10. FUTURE BOARD MEETING DATES AND PROPOSED AGENDA ITEMS June 21, 2018 – 5:30 p.m. – Room 110 – Municipal Building Discuss artwork for the HWY 502 underpass; discuss artwork for the columbarium; Make final decisions on the Call for Art Proposals July 26, 2018 – 5:30 p.m. – Room 110 – Municipal Building Discuss artwork for the HWY 502 underpass; discuss artwork for the Columbarium; Update on the Public Art Archives; Art Inventory/Maintenance Issues; Discuss APPB annual presentation to Council on August 21
If you are an individual with a disability who is in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the hearing or meeting, please contact the County Human Resources Division at 505.662.8040 at least one week prior to the meeting or as soon as possible. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes can be provided in various accessible formats. Contact the personnel in the Community Services Administration Office at 505.662.8241, if a summary or other type of accessible format is needed.