Los Alamos County Walkup Aquatic Center will discontinue the need of lane reservations and will begin recreational swimming sessions in the shallow end of the pool beginning June 28.
Also starting June 28, locker rooms will be available for use after a swimming session has been completed. Locker rooms will not be available beforehand, and Aquatic Center staff asks patrons to continue to come work out ready.
Recreational swim sessions will be offered several times a day, Monday through Friday, swimmers will be expected to exit the pool at the end of each session to allow others to enjoy the water and get a break from the heat. Recreational sessions are limited to 34 people due to staff and lifeguard shortages.
Be aware that construction is underway at the Aquatic Center, therefore the swimmer’s hallway is closed due to roof construction, and parking is limited.
Refer to the June 28-Aug. 13 Aquatic Center Monday-Friday Schedule:
- 6 – 7:15 a.m. Lap Swim/Masters
- 7:30 – 8:45 a.m. Lap Swim
- 9 – 10:15 a.m. Lap Swim
- 9 – 10 a.m. Deep Water Aerobics (Mon. & Weds.)
- 10:30 – 11:45 a.m. Lap Swim/Recreational Swim
- 12 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Lap Swim/Masters & Recreational Swim
- 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. Lap Swim & Recreational Swim
- 2:30 – 4 p.m. Recreational Swimming & Private Swim Lessons
- 2:45 – 6:25 p.m. Youth Swim Teams
- 4:15 – 5:45 p.m. Recreational Swimming & Private Swim Lessons
- 7:30 – 8:45 a.m. Adult Only
- 9 – 10:15 a.m. Family Swim
- 11 – 12 p.m. Gentle Fitness Class (Mon., Weds. & Fri.)
- 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. Family Swim
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Adult Only & Private Swim Lessons
- 2:45 – 4 p.m. Family Swim & Private Swim Lessons