Consumers have the right to know:
- Whether or not the establishment uses universal precautions – similar to tattoo parlors or a medical facility;
- What precautions are utilized?;
- Who will be performing the procedure?;
- Will it be performed by a licensed nurse or physician? Cosmetologists and estheticians are not licensed to conduct medical procedures. At minimum, one must be qualified as a phlebotomist to draw blood, and if injections are administered below the subdermis, a nurse or physician must perform the procedure; and
- Does the establishment have a medical director? If so, what are their qualifications? Is it a physician or a nurse practitioner?