Los Alamos County has issued Addendum No. 2 extending the response date for the A-19-a Request For Proposals (RFP) to Feb. 28. The original RFP was issued Dec. 2, 2013 for the development of A-19-a project in White Rock.
Parcel A-19 was transferred from the DOE to the County for economic sustainability purposes in the fall of 2002. The land parcel is located on the north side of N.M. 4 (across from the Hampton Inn.) It is approximately 70 acres in size. Sixty acres lie on the west side of a drainage channel and 10 acres are located on the east side of the channel. Approximately four acres on the east side were developed for the new White Rock Fire Station No. 3 in 2007. The remaining six acres on the east side were reserved for future municipal uses and/or possible commercial uses.
Although the west side of A-19 is 60 acres in size, its estimated net developable acreage (remaining acreage once right-of-ways, parks, open space, roads, sidewalks, easements, setbacks and topographical limitations are accounted for) is approximately 42 acres.
For questions about this project, contact Paul Andrus at 505.662.8197 or via e-mail at email@example.com
HISTORY ON A-19-a Project
The White Rock Master Plan Implementation Committee hosted the final A-19-a Design Concept Public Meeting Feb. 25, 2013 at the White Rock Fire Station. The Contracted Consultant Dekker Perich Sabatini (DPS) presented two options to the White Rock Master Plan Implementation Committee and the public. Comment cards were provided to the public as a method to give input on the options and the project.
The A-19-a Master Plan Development Process:
- Planning and Zoning Department Submission – April 1, 2013 (Completed)
- Planning and Zoning review of zone change and lot split – May 8, 2013 (Completed and Approved)
- Council Review of Lot Split- May 18, 2013 (Completed and Approved via Consent Agenda)
- Request for Interest (RFI) (Completed)
- Rezone of A-19-a Public Hearing before County Council – July 26, 2013 (Approved and Completed)
- Request for Proposals (RFP) – Published Dec. 2, 2013. Responses originally due Jan. 31, 2014, extended to Feb. 28, 2014.
- Site Negotiations, Purchase Agreement and Development Agreement – TBD
The White Rock Implementation Committee and Los Alamos County have hosted several public meetings on the A-19-a master plan project since work began in 2010, with assistance from consultant DPS Design.
Visit the DPS hosted webpage for more details: