Releasing a banded Chipping Sparrow. Photo by Sally King
Bandelier National Monument is celebrating 100 years, but what will the next 100 look like? Bandelier’s rangers and scientists will be at the Los Alamos Nature Center 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, March 22 to answer questions and continue the celebration.
Throughout the evening, Bandelier’s experts will give mini-talks about the park’s ecology, astronomy, biology, backcountry trails, restoration efforts, and anthropology in the context of climate change. Explore the nature center and talk to Bandelier staff one-on-one at your leisure. All ages are welcome!
Who will be there? A variety of Bandelier National Monument’s rangers and scientists will be present, including:
- Jamie Civitello, SiteWatch at Bandelier
- Kevin Stillman, Backcountry Trails
- Collin Haffey, Ecological Conservation in the New Normal
- Sarah Milligan, Bird Banding Program
- Kay Beeley, Landscape Chang and Repeat Photography
- Jeremy Sweat, Bandelier BioBlitz 2016
- Geoff Goins, Astronomy at Bandelier
- Chris Judson, Learning Opportunities at Bandelier
- Sally King, Goat Peak Pika and Other Bandelier Critters
- Laura Trader, Vegetation Recover After Las Conchas Fire
- JT Stark, Preservation of Bandelier Architecture
The Los Alamos Nature Center is at 2600 Canyon Road. This event is free to attend, and no registration is required. For more information about this and other Pajarito Environmental Education Center (PEEC) programs, visit www.peecnature.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505.662.0460.
PEEC was founded in 2000 to serve the community of Los Alamos. It offers people of all ages a way to enrich their lives by strengthening their connections to our canyons, mesas, mountains, and skies.
PEEC operates the Los Alamos Nature Center at 2600 Canyon Road, holds regular programs and events, and hosts a number of interest groups from birding to hiking to butterfly watching. PEEC activities are open to everyone; however, members receive exclusive benefits such as discounts on programs and merchandise. Annual memberships start at $35. To learn more, visit www.peecnature.org.