The Los Alamos Tennis Club held its annual tournament last weekend and at least 40 players participated in the event.
The results of the event are as follows:
- John Park beat Bob Tonelli 6-1, 6-1 in the men’s A singles final. Park is a prior champion from a few years ago.
- Gilbert Ratliff and John Charles won over students Forrest White and George Margevicius in the A men’s doubles final 6-4, 6-3.
- In the B doubles, sisters Gillian and Sidra Hsieh Ratliff edged Joel Williams and Gordon Medford 3-6, 6-3, 6-3.
- Jeena Kim beat Debi Croney in the women’s singles final 6-2, 6-1. Kim also is a prior champion from two years ago.
- In one of the best matches of the tournament, the A mixed doubles was won by Ryan Maupin and Sidra Hsieh Ratliff over Chad Bustard and Gillian 7-5, 4-6, 6-4.
- Tom and Marlene Kelley slipped by Joel Williams and Lorraine Vasilik 7-6, 7-5 in the B mixed doubles final.
- Peter Greene won a round robin in the over 50 men’s singles and Todd Rodencal won a round robin in the B men’s singles.
Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the competition and Saturday’s barbeque prepared by Bob Tonelli’s wife, Sue. It was great to have so many young people playing in the tournament this year. Tennis is rebuilding in Los Alamos.
A big thank you goes out to Los Alamos Parks Superintendent Jeff Humpton, who really had the courts and Urban Park looking great. Also, this tournament would not have happened if not for the significant effort and hard work of Tournament Director Bob Tonelli and Assistant Tournament Director Joel Williams.